- Saturday 15th September Beer and Gin Festival at Sunbury Cricket Club. 12 noon till midnight.
- Tuesday 18th September – no organised roll-up but do come and practice if you want.
- Saturday 22nd September – Mavis Steele Cup day. Please put your name down for this women vs men event in memory of Mavis who was an international player at Sunbury.
- Tuesday 25th September 10am – Hedge Cutting and clearing up. Please help if you can.
- Saturday 29th September – The firm we pay to do the autumn work on the green will be working from 1.30pm and it is worth coming to see how it is done.
- Sunday 30th September 10am – Clearing for the winter inside and out. Again, please help if you can.
- Tuesday 2nd October 7.30 – come for Skittles in the clubhouse.
- Saturday 6th October – Make sure your name is down for this party at Tony and Janet’s house if you can.
- Tuesday 9th October – The last day to send any proposals for motions at the AGM [motions to change constitution or rules]
- Tuesday 30th October – Last day for entries to Middlesex Bowls Competitions . Please talk to David Chatterton for men and Cassie Chatterton for ladies beforehand.
- Tuesday 6th November – AGM at 8pm. After the formal business the meeting can discuss anything relevant to our club. No votes are taken but matters noted for the committee to consider.
- Friday 23rd November from 12 mid-day. Make sure you have booked your tickets and chosen your menu.
- Tuesday 4th December – A social evening which may be a quiz, skittles or another exciting occasion.
The final bowls event of the 2018 season is on Sat 22Sept 2:30pm.
Please sign-up for the challenge .. it’s Men vs Women!
Please do propose and second committee members for the 2018 AGM.
The list is available in the Men’s changing room.
The prize-giving lunch for the 2018 Finals is to held at Fulwell Golf Club
Friday 23rd Nov 2018 from 12pm
|Championship||Eileen Leatherby||Cheryl Ekblad|
|Handicap||Cheryl Ekblad||Diane Saunders|
|Two Woods||Cheryl Ekblad||Diane Saunders|
|Pairs||Diane Saunders||Margaret Kerr|
|Eileen Leatherby||Cheryl Ekblad|
|Championship||Dennis Morris||Brian Pollard|
|Handicap||Brian Pollard||Jim Whelan|
|Two Woods||Roger Leatherby||Peter Skeggs|
|Pairs||Alan Cordery||Tony Latchford|
|Colin Smith||Brian Pollard|
|Junior||Anita Harvey||Jim Galvin|
|Open Handicap||Dennis Morris||Cheryl Ekblad|
|Two Woods||Roger Leatherby||Eileen Leatherby|
|Two Wood Pairs||Tony Henning||Tom Dowthwaite|
|Brian Pollard||Cheryl Ekblad|
|President’s Cup||Colin Smith||Cheryl Ekblad|
|President’s Plate||Tom Dowthwaite||Margaret Kerr|
|Glenda Jones||Tony Latchford|
|Eileen Leatherby||Colin Smith|
|Mavis Steele Cup||Not Played|
|Ladies’ Club Night||Cheryl Ekblad|
|Men’s Club Night||Tony Henning|
FRIDAY MORNING LEAGUE Swallows Swifts
- Joining night – Wednesday 28th March 2018 – 7.30-9.00 pm
- Opening day for Members – Saturday 21st April from 2.00 pm
- Open Recruitment Day – Saturday 5th May – 11.00am-3.00 pm
- Play Bowls Open Day – Thursday 7th June from 5.00 pm (followed by 4 coaching sessions on following Thursdays)
Programme of Winter/ Spring Events 2017-8 at 7.30pm
Tuesday, 3rd October Skittles
Tuesday, 7th November Annual General Meeting
Tuesday, 14th November Quiz – don’t forget the 2017 Presentation Lunch on Friday, 17th November 2017.
Tuesday, 5th December Skittles
Tuesday, 9th January Bingo and Fish and Chips
Tuesday, 7th February Skittles
Tuesday, 6th March Quiz
Tuesday, 3rd April Skittles
Friday, 20th April Horse Racing
Come and enjoy these events and bring partners and don’t forget the Presentation Lunch on Friday 17th November2017.
Then we will all be ready for a new season of Bowls in 2018
Just a reminder that Tuesday Club Night will start at 5.30pm from now on, so be there early (5.15) and don’t expect a game if you are late. This is not a change to annoy everyone, but a recognition that it gets dark earlier. Thursday should not be affected as it starts earlier anyway.
Club Nights will continue until the green is refurbished. We will let you know the date ASAP.
Our finals will be next weekend and there are some unfinished semis to play. The Green Team would be obliged if you put any games in the diary so that we can work round you to get the green ready for finals weekend.
Do come and watch any games and of course finals days are open to anyone. You never know, they might catch the bug!
Looking further ahead, watch out for notice of Margaret’s party on October 21st and consider entering Middx Competitions. You can speak to me or Cassie as Middx rep and ask for entry forms available later in September.
David Chatterton (Hon. Sec.)