The winning teams from the weekend will play each other on Finals Day on Sat 5th September :-
John Nutt, David Chatterton, David Todd vs Richard Moxon, Roger Leatherby, Brian McKone
Due to the number of entrants (27) the tournament has had to be split into two days. The format is a triples round robin competition, with 6 ends per round being played on Saturday 11th and 7 ends per round on Sunday 12th. The winner each day will be decided on points, 2 for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. If a number of teams finish on the same points then shots for and against will count.
The winners for each day will play against each other on finals day.
Please contact Brian Pollard, Competitions Secretary, tel. 07831 426063, with any updates/etc.
Regulations Due to the Corona Virus.
- All players and guests will have to sign in on arrival, your name and telephone number will have to be provided.
- Pushers, score boards and 2-meter measuring sticks will not be available.
- Only the lead bowlers should touch the jack and the mats, bowler’s must only pick up their own bowls.
- The club will provide sanitiser to sanitise the mats and jacks’ in-between rounds, players should provide their own sanitiser to sanitise their hands during the day.
- Only one score card will be provided for each game, skips must provide their own score card holders and pens/pencils.
- Players will only be allowed to measure using their own measure, measures must not be shared.
- Please ensure you know who is your skip, who is in your team and what rinks you will be playing on.
The men’s toilets will have to be used by both men and women up until 12:00 only 2 people are allowed in the toilet at any one time. I would suggest the ladies are chaperoned to insure they are not invaded by men when using the toilet. The key for the back door to the toilets will be available on the Competition Secretaries table. From 12:00 the ladies will be able to use the ladies toilets by using the door from the patio opposite the entrance door to the ladies toilets. Ladies will have to register their presence in the club house. Men can carry on using the back door.
The club will not be providing any food or drink during the day, a new company is now providing food including breakfast, lunch, snacks and hot drinks in the club house, the bar will also be open from 12:00. When using the food or bar facilities you will have to follow the Sports Association procedure’s by using the door by the bowls club changing rooms, registering, and sanitising your hands. A full copy of the Sports Association procedures was sent out by the bowls club last week.