The first of the winter social evenings kicks off on Tuesday 5th October at 7:30pm with an evening of cards. The bar will be open and Alan Cordery will be our compere as he guides us through “Slippery Anne”.
It’s played like whist and the object of the game is to avoid winning tricks that contain Hearts or the Queen of Spades (all cards have a zero points value apart from these!)
ORDER OF PLAY
1) There will be 4 players on each table.
2) The first card dealer deals all of the cards (13 cards each).
3) Each player selects three of their cards and passes them (face down) to the player on their left.
4) The game starts with the player on the left of the dealer laying the first card and continues clockwise round the table.
5) After all cards have been played each player adds up all of the Hearts and the Queen of Spades they have collected and writes the score on their score sheet.
6) The player to the left of the previous dealer now starts the next game. Scores are added up as before.
7) After four games have been played the two players with the highest total scores will move up to the next table.
8) At the end of the evening the player with the lowest total score of all the games will be be the winner.